Monday, October 23, 2006

No Experience Required...what kind?

So yours truly is on the hunt for a job. Nothing serious...just time filler but not 'would you like fries with that?'. Being the nerd and socially awkward being that I'am, my search has spread all across the pages of craigslist and other classified ad sites. Tonight, I do believe I could have been hired on the spot. The job posting reads:

Salary: $22
Female Massage Therapists
posted 10/09/2006
Massage studio, in Chicago best location, is looking for Female Massage Therapist Assistants ASAP. No experience necessary. Call 773-209-9871


I was curious and called at 9:30pm, thinking all I would get was empty rings or a voice mail...this was not the case. A man answered on the other end and spoke in some language I couldn't understand. I immediately hung up and moments later, an incoming call on my cell from the number above. I leave it to ring and a voice mail by the same man with a Asian(?) accent of sorts telling me to call if I've any questions about the 'company'...a bit creepy.

And yes, any posting asking specifically for a female and the position requiring any sort of bodily contact is sketchy, so it doesnt surprise me by much that I must have stumbled upon something illegal. Just my luck.

It has been requested that I *really* test this place out and call in at 2am to see if it is in fact still open for 'services'.

I think I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home