Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Gopher Hunter

I was browsing the "etc" job listings and came across this one. This woman (I'm assuming) is out on a mission... S(h)e is paying $11.00 whether the qualified hunter has shot anything or not and on top of that, allowing this hunter to be intoxicated on the job "within reasonable conditions". What may I ask, does that exactly mean? And what exactly would be work experience to qualify as gopher hunter? I fear that someday I'll become as bitter as this woman is, who can't seem to even befriend cats.


Seeking Experienced Hunter to Exterminate Gophers
(Date: 2006-01-24, 1:15PM CST)

Seeking someone to get rid of gophers in my backyard. For the past 3 years, I've had the unpleasant fortune of gophers taking residence in my backyard. They have caused me thousands of dollars in lawn care repairs. I'm seeking someone to hang out on my back porch this coming spring and summer with a pellet gun to shoot at these gophers all day. Any of my neighbors cats that might walk through the yard is fair game as well. Compensation is $11.00/hr and a bonus of $2 for every gopher killed. Drinking on the job is acceptable within reasonable conditions. This is in the Northwest Burbs. There is a spare bedroom in my basement for a reasonable price if transportation is an issue. Please forward me your work experience and an explanation as to why you are the most qualified gopher hunter.


Job location is Chicago Burbs
Compensation: $11.00/hr + bonus
no -- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
no -- Please, no phone calls about this job!
no -- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
no -- Reposting this message elsewhere is NOT OK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home