Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Lez Go Hillmen!!

Well well well, long time no blog. I’ve had lil blurbs that I’ve wanted to write, however, the laziness took over. I’ll start off with some recent events.

April Camp:

Amazingly, this past weekend was probably the easiest weekend I’ve had in the years I’ve marched.
Friday (first day of camp), I had work until noon-ish and came back home to take care of some homework that was due on Monday, do laundry, pack, get ready, and go off to camp. Now, I was home by about 1:30/2 and camp starts at 6. How I managed to be late is absolutely beyond me, because you’re basically SCREWED if you’re late at Vanguard (and not in the good way). I had people calling me up as I was speeding to the Vanguard Hall and the final phone call went something like, “Akiko, don’t freak out okay?”…not good. Turns out they were already on the buses to go to the rehearsal site instead of the 7:30 departure time that was originally planned. So cool. I turn into the Hall right when the buses started pulling out and I was the only one that was late (aside from a few exceptions). Tell me why there are people from Taiwan, across the U.S., and everywhere else that made it to camp on time, and here I’ am…one of the very few members in the colorguard that live locally (about 12 minutes away for me), and I’m late?
Ri-cock-u-lous.

The evening started out with introductions and stretch. It seems that there have been a few dropouts since the last camp (or “cuts” so I hear), but I was somewhat glad because of the few that seemed to be a little “sketch”. It looks to be an interesting group, though I’m not sure of the skill level this year. Taiwan girl (woo another Asian GIRL!!) is going to be on the flag line so I’m pretty excited. It’s the Asian invasion.
We then moved onto dance block, a little much on the jazzy side for my taste. Then we ended with equipment (hmmmm, I think it was flag for me???) and learned the most makes-you-feel-like-Jerry’s-kids exercise ever.

Saturday/Sunday we learned work and drill (looks like we have FIVE movements this year… I might have to shoot myself), put them together. I’m finally starting to get excited about the year and hope that all goes well.
(I just cut this short because it started to sound boring)

I’m a little confused and weirded out by how nice the staff is. But perhaps I’m speaking a bit too soon. I’m too used to being degraded, insulted, and mashed down to a bloody pulp that I actually think that’s normal. I really hope that they’ll still kick our asses but keep the fun in it. We shall see.

Much more fun knowing people from the corps unlike the previous years where people wondered if I spoke English or not because I was so quiet. *rolls eyes* I’m not THAT quiet am I? I think a lot of the reason that I’ve changed quite a bit in the past couple years is because of Vanguard. I used to be the shyest person but it seems that from all the performances, exposure to the most interesting people that I’ll ever meet, has somehow changed me for the better. I suppose I do it because I want to be someone that I’m usually not.

I also had the craziest 0.0 dream on Saturday night. It was about that tire slashing incident. I was at the guy’s house visiting, and his ex came from upstairs with a knife (which I assumed to be the one used in the killing of my car) and told me in a scary thriller movie sort of way that she did it… then the guy came out and told me in the thriller-movie-with-a-twist sort of way that he was in on it too. *dun dun duuun* Scary. I really hope it doesn’t mean anything…

Yesterday:

So I ended up hanging out with some dude from the Internet yesterday. It was pretty cool because I got to go to Berkeley, see the campus, and walk walk walk. Me an my heels! It's kind of odd because the more and more I thingk about it, I become convinced that it's hard to relate with males that are younger than I... even if it's by a few months. I don't really understand why that is, or if it's just my mentality going into a conversation with a younger person, but that always seems to be the case. As stuckup as I can hear myself coming across, I do believe that females are much more mature than any guy of the same age. I do wonder though that if maturity levels ever balance out, and if they do, at what point? (as i was editing this post, I actually finally made the connection of this and my former. Things make alot more sense now)

Males:

All I really have to say on the subject is that I’m pretty sick and tired of those that get TOO comfortable around me TOO quickly and that there are none out there that are “good”. What do I look like- a quick&easy lay?? I can’t wait til the day that I’m not looked at as a piece of meat…I’m not even that appetizing.

I’m also quite tired of those that mail me on OKCupid that are VERY scary looking and also the entire internet for speaking to me JUST for the simple fact that I’am Japanese. Next time I’ll remember to leave that out on my profile. One should take it as a bad sign when you go to the person’s profile and they have the picture of the oh-so-played-out shirt that says “Nihonjin kanojo boshuu chu”- which roughly translates to “Now accepting applications for Japanese girlfriends”. I feel sorry for myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home