Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Damiko

The purpose of a digital camera. I believe the purpose is to have pictures without having to pay expensive exposure fees and rolls upon rolls of film and to post on myspace/my blog. If you *want* pictures in your hand physically, you print out only the ones you actually need.

People. Is that so hard to understand? Apparently...it is.

The lady named Sue Roach (who also calls me "Damiko"-the number 2 worst pronounciation of my name I've ever heard), is in my site reconnaisance group project. She was in charge of taking pictures every week of the building to record its progress. With, yes, a digital camera.

Last week or so, I walk into class and she tells me, "Hey Damiko, you owe me $25". Why? Because it's for film... So she's telling me that everyone needs to contribute 25 dollars in a group of three. Seventy five flippin dollars for film? For pictures that are of no use to us and noone will keep. I'm paying for 2-3 shots of the same object, the same patch of dirt, which we also have doubles for??? I'm rather surprised at the cost and say, "Wow...that's pretty crazy"in response to her comment that film is expensive, then the Roach starts arguing and gets confrontational with me. Ri-COCK-u-lous.

Yesterday was my day off because I had successfully gotten myself out of taking the art history final, which had never happened in my life before. There I was, basking in all my glory. Then, At 7 in the AM, she calls me, "Hey Damiko, we're meeting at the lab at 12 to finish the report".

So I go to the lab, expecting very minimal work to be done. However, our time was spent rather foolishly. We took the exposed pictures that we had spent $75 dollars on...then scanned them into the computer. Let's not forget that these pictures were originally from a digital camera. I guess this is expected from someone that pronounces my name "Damiko". *cringe*

People. I hate people.

Bone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home