Friday, September 16, 2005

Some things that I've been *meaning* to post but never got around to:

The other day in English class, we were assigned readings from "Writing and Reading Across the Curriculum". It covers interesting topics on technology, psychology, sociology, and other large topics. We were assigned to answer a question at the end of our reading. Would you believe that our essay was about blogs, titled "The Blog Phenomenon"??? I can't even explain how excited I was. Apparently, I blog for several reasons: ego gratification (me want to be the center of attention?? i don't know about that), antidepersonalization (I suppose I feel insignificant in my world), elimination of frustration (no duh), societal need to share (need to share? I write my thoughts because I don't *want* to share!), wanna-be-writer (no).

I went exploring about a week ago, looking for my trading clothes stores again. I found a Crossroads store and bought myself 5 dollar jeans and shirt for 4.75...while I was shopping, a lady took the time to compliment my hair and proceeded to ask what kind of cut it was...who does that?

The other day I posted on craigslist under the 'strictly platonic' section because I couldn't get myself out of the boredom. Could you believe that I also posted a picture AND a screen name to go with it? The replies I got were endless. But alas, quantity over quality. Emails like "hi there im 34 open minded fun sensual athletic very fit very sexual email me", just did *not* cut it.
The instant messages and emails were overflowing. On OK, I posted a bulletin asking what Chicago people do around here. The next day I log in and find that there is 18 messages for me, then the following day 16. Ricockulous.

Yesterday I experienced my first day of Chicago rain. I even bought an umbrella, which I suspect will break the next time I use it, due to the wind. I wasn't too willing to spend 30 dollars on the titanium umbrella. Craigslist did, however, find me some interesting people to talk to and eventually hang out with. Yesterday I spontaneously decided to take up an offer to go venture out in the city with Matt. My shins hurt from walking so much, but it was definitely something fun. He was surprisingly easy to get along with, even though that usually isn't the case with me and those that are the same age as me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home