Sunday, September 11, 2005

A thought in the shower

I think I analyze things too much. Every explanation I give is about 5 times longer than it needs to be. That annoys me.

I've realized this some time ago, though, everytime I'm asked simple questions like "What kind of music do you like?" or "What's your favorite color?"....that's a question that should be answered with one word, yet I seem to see everything as an essay format question as if I have something to prove. I hate that. It reminds me too much of the quality my father possesses that mom dislikes the most. In the quest to find myself, one of my goals is to not end up like either of my parents. Well, at least the bad parts about them anyway.

I guess I can't seem to help it though, when it comes to conversation and especially getting to know people. I DO have something to prove, in the sense that I want to show people I have some sort of a brain and have something to offer. I like to think that I'm somewhat different or unique...or...something--- but then again, maybe I'm trying too hard? It comes back to the thought of "who are you trying to impress??".

Ah, the things I worry about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home