Friday, September 02, 2005

9/2/2005


So here I’am, finally in Chicago, finally out of San Jose. I’ve been here for about 2 days now. Pretty exhausting because there’s so much to take in. I got to the airport and was taken away by the number of TALL people there. Even the women were seven feet tall. Also, I’ve noticed that there are close to zero Asians in this area. I stick out in a whole new way. Short and asian. I’ve even caught some people watch us or stare… a little bothersome, especially in a brand new surrounding I’ve thrown myself in. I went to subway for the first time in my life and I have to say… I was not impressed. tHe man that was making the sandwiches asked for our order and proceeded to cough without covering his mouth over the many pre-measured fresh condiments and sandwich toppings. I can’t believe I ate that. There was also a Dunkin’ Donuts across the street (which btw was 24 hours) so we decided to get some. There we encountered a cashier that was, for lack of a better word, odd. He was much too friendly for my taste and I have to suspect that he was intoxicated as well. “MaY I heLLllp yoO-u??” proceeded by a ridiculous drunken giggle. This occurred repeatedly. Not exactly what I want to see on the first night.

Yesterday was a move-in orientation and it really took longer than it should have. The school was in a large skyscraper type building, right smack in the middle of everything. Pretty nice. The public transportation terrifies me and I have to wonder if I’ll ever snap out of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home